Guardian: Getting started


I have only ever been to the city on a casual visit, so it is interesting to see how my passive nature fares up when i have a real purpose to be here. That purpose comes in the form of a work placement at The Gaurdian.

I arrived at the new building on York Way near kings cross to be greeted by the new way finding system Cartlidge Levene. The bold logo hits you on the approach. After a quick tour i was taken to my desk and given some layout jobs to do for the day. These were for the comic supplement in the saturday paper. Was a steady day, found my feet a little.

It was interesting to learn how the paper comes together and there there are 5 editions printed throughout the night. On the front page you will find a series of stars that represent each issue. ***** <---- this would be the 5th edition. The latest.

I have asked to see the newpaper archives and managed to get another week placement planned, so i am here for 2 weeks.

Excellent.